Friday 29 March 2013

13.4 1st attempt lessons

1) Don't rush the T2B: The form on the first rep sets your rhythm. I ended up swinging too much and losing time correcting the error. Start right, finish right.

2) Remember your jerk options: I missed one jerk and push pressed one out of fatigue. It's not ideal but the split jerk is a powerful weapon in my arsenal when the load starts to get heavy. Can mean the difference between taking an extra second and missing a rep and taking 10 secs to get it back.

3) Be aware of where you are in the workout: As a first attempt I didn't have a specific number I wanted to reach and wasn't really aware of where I was mid-wod. The second attempt I'll need to know exactly where I am at all times to ensure I'm on track to meet my goal.

4) Relax: This might seem contradictory to working hard but it's more a state of mind rather than "going at a relaxed pace". I was so focused on going as quick as possible I made myself tense and I don't think it helped. When I watched Daz do the workout he looked relaxed the entire way through and got way 18 reps more than me.

5) Lifting shoes: They might not be great for toes to bar but I know they'd give me a lot more stability for the clean and jerk. A second attempt needs to be different I think. Do what you've always done, get what you've always got.

No comments:

Post a Comment